Saturday, May 21, 2016

One to read later...maybe


For some reason a plethora of articles on procrastination from the wonderful medium.com community have clogged up my inbox of late (yes - I decided to read then later hahahaha).

No really, I did read them and even showed some to my senior students who love to procrastinate. 

There's one about the power of procrastination, a list of ways to deal with the p word, the positive view of the p word, and finally the ways the p word can boost productivity! Yes really!

Clearly procrastination is NOT the same as laziness (although some people can be both!).

Procrastination: the action of delaying or postponing something.

Laziness: the quality of being unwilling to work or use energy; idleness.

Being a classic Libran I often like to delay and mull over things before doing - especially with important decisions. It's a deliberate action.  

Because I'm so inclined, I can't blame my procrastinating students for doing the same thing can I?  

No comments: