Thursday, March 3, 2016

Straight, no chaser (Thelonious Monk)

You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

I disagree.

I like new.

Here's some new:

1 Fresh tech for social studies
For the first semester I am teaching social studies (to fill in my timetable). It's been a while - my last social studies class was in my first year of teaching (19 mumble mumble mumble - huh? Okay okay -1983). This may come in handy!

2 25 ideas!
There are so many teaching ideas out there to try. That is SO cool. I have barely scratched the surface with these puppies (puppies...get it). Here are 25 in a bunch (or whatever the collective noun is for puppies).

3 Imagination is more important
Always good to be reminded of this. Who wants to be stale and boring and NOT have students use their imagination? Not this old dog - that's fer damn sure!

4 Inventive games to teach empathy and social skills
Wow - more amazing stuff from mind/shift. This time you get a whole load of stuff to help with growing empathy. Altruism ROCKS my friends!

5 Five competencies
Finally and appropriately - here are five key competencies that we need to foster in the 21st century. can you guess what they are before you look?

How did you do?

No comments: