Friday, December 25, 2015

So here it is Merry Christmas, everybody's having fun (Slade)

Been a while since I worked through my bookmarks. Here' s my Christmas pressie stocking filler of five more things I found valuable.

1 Making Khan Academy style videos
This looked cool: The app that lets you create Khan Academy-style videos in 60 seconds!

2 Medium.com
Not strictly educational but this is a handy guide to getting bespoke content on your interests from medium.com.

3 I love exams...
Great little post and video by a student about why students find exams pointless. Great stuff!!

4 I love grading papers...
A companion piece to number 3 - great little post by an educator about why teachers find grades ineffective and pointless. More great stuff!

5 Summaries of book's key ideas
This is pretty cool - a summary of the key ideas from some key writers (including Sir Ken Robinson, Stephen Covey, Malcolm Gladwell, Seth Godin, and others)

No comments: